Saturday, November 15, 2008

Better late than never :)

I am finally getting around to posting halloween pictures. I worked this year on halloween so I didn't get a chance to go to the school parade. Kierstie and Cozette didn't have school (jr high was out for end of term) so they both went over to the elementary school and took a couple of pictures for me to post.

School parade pictures that Kierstie and Cozette took~






Our little family has a tradition that we enjoy every halloween. After everyone was dressed and ready to go in their costumes we went to Grandma Martin's (Todd's parents house) for homemade chili and hot apple cider. This is our highlight every year since started dating and married Todd. Growing up I enjoyed Hot Dog soup which was a tradition with my mom, but will admit I love chili so this is even better. I still love you mom! After enjoying chili and cider we go back home to let the kids trick-or-treat. The final stop of our night if it is not too late (which it wasn't again this year) is to head up to my parents house to say hi, let the kids get a treat from them, and show off our costumes.

Todd was only able to attend chili and cider at mom's. He got to babysit the church, keeping watch out for vandalism. We missed having you with us!

Kierstie earlier in the season for backward trick-or-treating with the YW/YM activity dressed in James football Jersey, but was unable to borrow it for halloween. Instead she dressed as BYU homecoming queen. I am glad she let us help her with a homemade costume instead of going to look for one.



Cozette dressed as a pirate girl (to cute to be a wench).



Kaylynn was a little pirate girl (to cute to be a wench). This year she didn't go with us to either grandma's. She went trick-or-treating with a friend so I don't have a picture except school parade one.


Cameron for the school parade costume was great, but for trick-or-treating was even better (all hand created, I told him what to wear and Todd did his make-up). He was awesome.



Next year the kids want me to help them with homemade costumes. They would finally rather come up with some different ideas than just those at the store. They also loved all the compliments Cameron was receiving. It will be fun as I remember growing up and not very often purchasing costumes but being creative.

0 comments:

Blog Archive