Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Love



On February 8 Todd and I celebrated our eighteenth year anniversary. On Friday evening February 6 we went to GoodWood BBQ for dinner. It was yummy.



Part of me can't believe it has been eighteen years, however I would never trade any of them. Todd and I since day one have never been able to say good-bye. Instead we say see you to each other, because no matter what we will always be together and will see each other soon. In fact you might notice when we talk to you in person or on the phone we say the same thing at the end of the conversation. We also have another little saying. "I love you", "I love you more", "I love you the most", "I love you always and forever".





I met Todd at a country dance hall, known as the Palladium (which is no longer in Sugar House - movie theatre is in its place). He was sooo sweet and we became instant friends. After a few weeks, I gave him my phone number (because he would never ask me for it). Our first date was on February 8, 1990 and a year later we were married on that wonderful date in the Salt Lake Temple.

Todd is such an amazing husband and I couldn't ask for a better father for our children.

During our eighteen years together we have almost always worked together at a common employment, but within different departments. Todd and I both still work outside the home. I miss working with him, however we have both grown within our own working environments. Todd has his associates degree in computer science. He has obtained needed certifications within programing. I know he would like to go back to school and obtain his bachelors, hopefully soon we can work on making that happen for him.

Todd and I have both held many wonderful callings within the LDS church. Most recently within our Taylorsville 39th Ward, Todd is the Elders Quorum President adn YM Basketball Coach. I am Primary 1st Councelor, YW Camp Director, and acting Activity Day Leader.

We enjoy doing things together as a family. Camping, fishing, and playing games. Todd is a great dad to our four children and loves to tease them. He enjoys shooting hoops with each of them, even if just a friendly game of horse or I guess it is numbers they have drawn around the parameter on the driveway. He supports them in all they do. He enjoys speaking with our children about their day around the dinner table.

I am very greatful that Todd is a worthy priesthood holder and presides in our home. I, as well as our children, have been able to ask him for blessings of comfort, sickness, and many other type of father blessings.

I love you sweetheart! Thank you for being who you are, for being my rock, and for accepting and being forgiving of my faults. I look forward to many more wonderful anniversaries and eternity with you.

I love you! I love you more! I love you the most! I love you always and forever! XOXO

1 comments:

This is Us! said...

Happy 18th!!! That's FANTASTIC! I'm glad you were able to do something fun together. I love reading your thoughts about life and love. You've got such a great attitude.

Blog Archive