Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

In the past like most families we have gone to two dinners. Usually earlier in the day Todd parent's and then later day or early evening we have gone to my parents home. Last year Sharon's house was the center of attention the day before Thanksgiving and then we enjoyed dinner at my parents house. A couple of years ago my mom tried having us all come for Thanksgiving breakfast. Our family enjoyed this because then we ate breakfast and only had one dinner later in the day.

This year my parents hosted Thanksgiving breakfast. We enjoyed sausage, egg, and cheese casserole, orange rolls, and pancakes. I enjoyed talking with and seeing all my siblings.

Dinner wasn't hosted by either parents this year so it was nice for me to start the traditional dinner at my house. I invited my parents to come to dinner. I even extended the invitation to my grandparents, but the declined the offer. Todd and I were very excited to use our china. We have only used them one other time.


I made the traditional Thanksgiving dinner of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, rolls, vegitables, and even celery with cheese spread.
















After dinner we played boggle (game) and just enjoyed one anothers company. Thanks Mom and Dad for coming to dinner. We loved having you over. Todd even took a picture of my parent resting right after dinner, but I promised mom I wouldn't share the picture.


Throughout the year I often reflect on the things I am thankful for but would like at this time to share these thoughts.

I am thankful for...

*My dear sweet husband. Without him I would be lost. He is a wonderful man. Very thoughtful and caring of me and our children. I love that he holds the priesthood and can use this sacred power to bless our home, our family, and those in need.
*My four wonderful children and the examples they are.
*Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
*The callings that my husband and I hold within our ward.
*Our employment. We both work really hard and enjoy what we do.
*Our health
*Our home
*The talents of each member of our family
*Wonderful family and friends

3 comments:

*Amy* said...

Nice work on the Thanksgiving dinner! I'm glad you and your family had a great day!

Gypsy Soul said...

I wish I could have been there. It looks so yummy!!! I miss you all.

Trooper Thorn said...

Thanksgiving breakfast sounds brilliant. Now if I can just figure out how to have a Thanksgiving Eve Supper, I'll be set.

Blog Archive