Friday, July 25, 2008

Pioneer Days

I worked my grave shift Wednesday night into Thursday morning (which was July 24), but didn't leave work till about 0800 due to helping with an IROP. Crazy weather and airline delays (cancellations). Once home I was not tired due to adrenaline from work, so I decided to work on my camp pj's. They are soooo cute.

July 24 is Pioneer Day. We celebrate our states birthday and the arrival of the pioneers into the Salt Lake valley.

As a family went went and saw Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D. It was a great show. Full of action and some intense moments. I recommend it, if you are interested.

I am grateful for the sacrifice of the early pioneers. Leaving there homes in Nauvoo and making their trek west. I know it was not easy. I know they lost loved ones along the way. Arriving into the Salt Lake valley and declaring "This is the place". Utah is my home and I love it here. I have been to many other cities, but none would feel like home to me as Utah and her majestic mountains.

I didn't have the camera with me at all yesterday. Mostly because we didn't really do much so nothing to capture for your viewing pleasure.

Hopefully you all enjoyed the day as well!

2 comments:

This is Us! said...

I cannot wait to see the PJ bottoms!!!

The Powells said...

sounds like you had a fun 24th

Blog Archive