Saturday, December 27, 2008

Concerts and Recitals

The winter season is a time for our family to enjoy concerts and other opportunities for music. I love very much music and am grateful that my family enjoys music as well.

Todd and I went with my parents to the Conference Center on Saturday December 13 for "Ring Christmas Bells". Presented by Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Orchestra at Temple Square and Bells on Temple Square with special guests Brian Stokes Mitchell and Edward K Herrmann.

This concert was beautiful. We enjoyed hearing for the first time a very cute song that Brian Stokes Mitchell sang titled "The Friendly Beasts". It was also nice to hear him sing again "Through Heaven's Eyes", I didn't realize he was the man with the voice for that song in "The Prince of Egypt" (one of my favorite movies).

Our family enjoyed going to BJH for Kiersties concert. She is in her third year of concert choir and show choir. They sang many fun christmas and other holiday songs. My favorite is "Fruitcake".



Cozette is also at BJH and we enjoyed watching her play the violin with Cadet Orchestra. I am so happy that she enjoys playing the violin. She has beautiful and talented fingers for string instuments. One day she would like to pickup and learn both the acoustic and electric guitar. For now she is satisfied with playing rock band and guitar hero.
Here are highlights of her playing the violin during her concert.




Our four beautiful children have been taking piano lessons a little over a year now. Natalie (their piano teacher and work friend) decided to host a recital this year. The kids were very excited. They each picked out one song, with the exception of Kaylynn. She memorized her recital song in one week and wanted to learn and memorize another for the recital. It tickles me to watch each of my children enjoy music and especially playing the piano (like their mom). I was even excited that I was able to play a duet with Cameron and Cozette.

Thank you Grandma and Grandpa Johnson, as well as Sean, Jamie, and Family for coming to the recital and concerts.


Cameron played once "Jingle Bells" and then I played a duet of "Jingle Bells" with him.




Kierstie played "Hark the Herald Angels Sing".




Kaylynn played "Silent Night", then once "Let It Snow", then I joined her for a duet of "Let It Snow".




Cozette played "Blue Christmas" once and then I joined her for a duet of "Blue Christmas".




At the end of their recital, Natalie gave each of them a certificate of recognition and box of Mike n Ikes, each week for each song the kids pass off they choose Mike n Ikes out of a candy jar.


2 comments:

Dale and Tabitha said...

Wow, what talented children you have. I am so sorry again for Saturday. I will be there next Saturday.

*Amy* said...

That's awesome your kids are involved in so many musical things! I hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

Blog Archive