Friday, August 22, 2008

Seeing Myself Through My Children

I saw this on a friends blog and thought it was cute. I was curious to how my own children would answer so I sat down with each one individually and asked them these questions.


1. What is something mom always says to you?

Kierstie: can you help me around the house
Cozette: can you help around the house please
Kaylynn:do the right thing
Cameron: clean your room


2. What makes mom happy?

Kierstie: when i surprise you (like doing something without being asked, etc)
Cozette: doing the dishes without her asking
Kaylynn: when i listen to her
Cameron: when she says "i love you"


3. What makes mom sad?

Kierstie: i don't know, i haven't seen you sad, at least in a long time
Cozette: if i don't obey or don't do as i should
Kaylynn: when i don't behave
Cameron: when someone is hurt or sad

4.What makes you laugh?

Kierstie: when people tickle and tease me
Cozette: making up funny names for each other. making others laugh
Kaylynn: when daddy tickles me
Cameron: being tickled


5. What makes mom laugh?

Kierstie: when we tickle you and find your tickle spot
Cozette: trying to make me laugh when i am sad
Kaylynn: when dad tickles her
Cameron: when she is tickled


6.What was mom like as a child?

Kierstie: i don't know, you don't talk about your childhood
Cozette: i don't know, you haven't told me. i do remember you saying you would play the piano for an hour every day
Kaylynn: flexable
Cameron: i don't know


7. How old is your mom?

Kierstie: 38
Cozette: 37
Kaylynn: 38
Cameron: 39


8.How tall is your mom?

Kierstie: 5' 6"
Cozette: 5' 5"
Kaylynn: 5' 4"
Cameron: 30 feet


9. What is her favorite thing to do?

Kierstie: spending time with the family
Cozette: spending time with us
Kaylynn: hang out with our family
Cameron: go on vacations with her family


10. What does your mom do when you're not around?

Kierstie: working
Cozette: sleep
Kaylynn: sleep
Cameron: play the piano


11. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?

Kierstie: best scrapbooker (or selling scrapbook supplies)
Cozette: pianist and scrapbooking
Kaylynn: singing
Cameron: playing the piano


12. What is your mom really good at?

Kierstie: cooking (even though maybe not as good as whitney, but still very good)
Cozette: helping us to do right, teaching us things to know and that are important, and she is very good at playing the piano
Kaylynn: scrapbooking
Cameron: playing the piano


13. What is your mom not very good at?

Kierstie: finding addresses when looking for our friends houses
Cozette: some sports
Kaylynn: i don't know....um some sports
Cameron: playing sports


14.What does your mom do for her job?

Kierstie: OPS with Jetblue, not sure what she does though
Cozette: airline reservations, time of flights, etc
Kaylynn: stay up all night, talking to people on the phone for Jetblue
Cameron: stays up all night long working at Jetblue


15. What is your mom's favorite food?

Kierstie: italian
Cozette: italian
Kaylynn: anything
Cameron: spaghetti


16. What makes you proud of your mom?

Kierstie: the way she supports me
Cozette: that she is my mom. i am glad to have her as my mom
Kaylynn: by giving me good food
Cameron: when she takes me out to restaurants, takes me on vacations with our family, and helps me with my cub scouts


17. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?

Kierstie: daisy
Cozette: meg (from hercules)
Kaylynn: cinderella
Cameron: ariel


18. What do you and your mom do together?

Kierstie: go shopping
Cozette: cook, shop, play, and hang out
Kaylynn: hang out
Cameron: we work on my cub scout awards and projects


19. How are you and your mom the same?

Kierstie: we have the same pinky fingers, same personality, we also wear the same shoe size
Cozette: with both like to cook, we both like to hang out, and we both like to tease daddy
Kaylynn: my mom was in gymnastics as a little girl, i am in gymnastics as well as a little girl
Cameron: we both have croocked pinky fingers


20. How are you and your mom different?

Kierstie: she is older and I am younger
Cozette: i hang out with my friends every day...my mom doesn't hang out with her friends anymore
Kaylynn: she is tall and i am small
Cameron: by our thumbs my are straight and my moms slightly curve, also i am a boy and she is a girl


21. How do you know your mom loves you?

Kierstie: she tells me every day, and i tell her every day that I love her too
Cozette: because she tell me every day, and i can see that she loves me
Kaylynn: she says "i love you" all the time
Cameron: she just always does



My kids know most about me pretty well. My favorite food is spaghetti. I am 5' 7" and 38 years old until November 8 (so I give Cameron half credit). I work for Jetblue as an Operations Reservations Supervisor (OPS). I think I need to talk to my children more about my childhood.


I also think all my friends and family should ask their children the same questions and post the responses to your blog sites!

5 comments:

The Powells said...

i loved that...it was really cute to see all the things your kids said

Mer said...

Awww...that was really cute! I should do that with my kids. :)

This is Us! said...

For cute! That's a fun idea!

zeebee said...

What a fun quiz! I think I might have to try that. I love how Cameron thought you were 30 feet tall!

Dale and Tabitha said...

I am so glad you did this. You will treasure this forever. I think you should do for years to come. Different questions of course. Cute family!

Blog Archive